The following is intended only as a starting point for anyone dealing with an indoor mould problem for the first time. This information should help explain in simple terms, why indoor mould can be a serious problem, how it occurs and how it can be remediated.
What is Mould?
Sometimes Mould Is Hard To See ........ and ......
..... Sometimes It Isn't!
What are the necessary conditions for mould to grow? Moulds require moisture, oxygen, moderate temperature, a food source and the presence of mould spores in order to grow. Most moulds prefer a temperature range that humans find comfortable. Since we cannot control the presence of oxygen, spores, nor a food source, it's essential to control moisture in order to control mould.
How long does it take for mould to grow? Mould growth occurs within 48-72 hours from the initial wetting period. If the presence of moisture is noted, then drying should take place immediately in order to minimize the potential for mould growth.
What are the possible health effects of mould exposure? Health effects for both humans and animals range from negligible to severe, depending upon the type of mould, the length of exposure and the ability of the immune system to provide protection. Nevertheless, experts agree that indoor mould is never a good thing. Most moulds can aggravate existing allergies, some can cause infections (especially skin and lungs) and toxic moulds can be poisonous when inhaled or ingested. If an individual's immune system is healthy, then the effect that exposure to the most common moulds has on that person is likely to be less severe than for an infant or person with a weakened immune system. However, toxic moulds are always a danger - even to perfectly healthy individuals.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll be pleased to answer your questions
about how Mould Dogs can help you.
For immediate assistance during office hours
(Mon - Fri: 9:30 - 4:30)
call us at (403) 243-2999.